Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Rocking the Daisies


Just had a kick-ass meeting with the team at 24.com regarding Rocking the Daisies 2008. I must admit, working on RTD is liking selling candy to a kid at 1c a lolly.

There are some really exciting projects in the pipeline including a Red Bull Speakerbox New Talent competition, limited edition RTD recycled jeans, RTD Butlers Pizza, a Sowing the Seeds party and more. The RTD blog comp also seems to be picking up speed, despite my rambling presentation at the 27Dinner. For the record, I hate public speaking.

Other exciting and random things that have happened lately:
  • Was featured on the first Rex the Lion video - creepy
  • Celebrated my 27th birthday, in conjunction with Joe at Asoka on Friday. The most amazing people pitched (I feel loved) and I was spoilt rotten (always fun). The hangover on Saturday was a killer though and reminded me why I've calmed down on the drinking of late.
  • Been a week of family with Anton, Jacques and Rebecca (Jacques's wife) all here at once. Anton has subsequently left, but Jacques and Rebecca are still here and we are off to the Planet Bar and Saigon tonight. Nice to spend time with them. Reminds me how much I miss my family when they are in the UK.
  • Must...go...to...gym... Been working till 8 most evenings and am starting to feel the strain (or is that the bulge?).
  • The MANGO-OMC wiki is almost complete. I'm really in love with this project and look forward to seeing how clients, suppliers and media interface with it. Have a feeling it's going to change the way we do business...
  • Ordered an 3G iPhone through Vodacom. Hope I get it as these guys can't be trusted.
OK, back to work.

No comments: