Friday, July 18, 2008

Playing 'aan aan'

Doh, I've been tagged by justbcoz (my first time) and I feel like a royal ditz because if she didn't tell me, I never would have known. (See previous post on not getting to all the posts I want to read on a daily basis.)

So I have all of 42 minutes to complete this blog before my time expires. So here are 8 random personal things about me:
  1. I'm actually Afrikaans although my full names (and I'm never going to live this one down) are Dorothy Catherine Lückhoff (pronounced 'Look-hoff'). My close friends and family call me Cath (I despise Cathy) and my name is spelt with a 'C'. I don't care how special 'K's are, I eat Special K for breakfast.
  2. I am petrified of heights, spiders (all gogga's and creepy crawleys really), snakes, needles and fun fair rides. Clowns aren't that high up on my list either.
  3. I read Heat magazine.
  4. According to Parri my jaw cracks when I eat. *shudders* So does my one brother's actually so it must run in the family.
  5. For 23 years I was the youngest of three. I now have a baby brother (actually half brother ,although we don't differentiate) who turns four in October. The kid is bright and I'm convinced the genes that determine your intelligence distilled as my father's brood grew. Petr knew 40 words at age 1, could speak in past and future tense (+ crack jokes) at 2 and now speaks like a 12 year old. Freaky.
  6. I'm a fake blonde. When I say something intelligent people are amazed. When I say something stupid, they write it off to my hair colour. Handy.
  7. I'm a very fussy eater. I only eat cheese when it's melted. I don't touch raw onions or tomatoes, capers, olives, sushi (all my food bar veg must be cooked), coriander, curries, no organs (kidneys, liver etc.), I only eat Hawaiian pizza, I don't eat any animal fat or skin, I don't drink coffee, the list goes on... I have a friend that refuses to eat anything that has eye lashes, so I'm not that weird.
  8. I should have been a boy. I love reading spy novels, I'm car 'befok' (I drive an Audi A3 Sportback) and I hate shopping. (O! and I crashed my first car at age nine) Why I'm not a boy: I hate rugby. As far as I'm concerned it's 15 ugly men running after a ball that doesn't bounce in the right direction.
The little I know of justbcoz I really, really like. Here is a woman who is not only drop dead gorgeous, but who has raised to fine young men, runs her own business, survived a truck load and still manages to come out on top.

She's an incredible gift giver both literally and figuratively and she makes people feel incredibly special. E.g. Despite all her PS (personal sh*t) she still managed to come to my birthday party without ever having met me before which truly meant a great deal to me.

I admire her honesty, her respect for others (especially her boys), her willingness to say things like they are, to acknowledge her stuff and work on it and her ability to contribute to her community. I would love to get to know her better and will do my level best to do so.

Here are the 8 people I tag:
  1. Joe
  2. Feistyfemale
  3. CathJenkin
  4. Max Kaizen
  5. Rafiq Phillips
  6. Mike Stopforth
  7. JP van der Spuy
This is a motley crew I know, but they have all featured in my life to some degree over the last 7 days so now's as good a time as any to find out more about them.

You all have till Wednesday :)

* The Rules, as per SheBee's original post:

  • Name 8 random things about yourself personally that your readers wouldn’t otherwise know
  • Tell me how wonderful I am before you tag 8 other bloggers
  • Think long and hard about if your random 8’s are personal enough. If I tag you, you know how curious I am, so judge it by my standards, not yours.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Although I'm blushing, my ego just ADORES what you've written hehe =)

I'm a bit shocked though ... all those nice things about me?? And gee whizz, you seem to have an uncanny ability to read people!!!

Really glad you took up the Tag Challenge, Dorothy - I love discovering all these new things about you =)

xxx

c@th said...

wah! hello you!

oh my word WE BOTH HATE THE CATHY name! i looooathe it.

and yeah, yeah, the jaw cracking thing? ask ANYONE near me at dinnertime, apparently i sound like i'm chewing concrete. luuurvely.

have done this one: http://cathjenkin.wordpress.com/2008/07/15/leez/


XXXX

Cluckhoff said...

@justbcoz you are welcome :) Will do a full about me page some time in the future. Still a little skittish about posting all my secrets online.

@c@th Who takes the name Cathy seriously anyway?

c@th said...

@cluckhoff

THANK YOU! methinks twas ruined by that silly sunday comic called Cathy that used to be in the Sunday Times mag yonks ago...