Sunday, July 13, 2008

Brain dump

Joe calls these posts updates, I prefer to call them downloads as it helps to silence the noise in my head. So here is a list of things I have come to realise, know and accept in the last week:
  • I love birthdays. I want one every week. Not only do they make you feel exceptionally loved, you also get loads of presents!
  • I don't like curry. Never have, never will.
  • I want to live in Franschoek. Every time I drive into the Franschoek valley, everything looks and feels right. I like the town, the scenery, the people, the location and the overall sense of community.
  • I both love and hate airports. The joy of collecting someone you haven't seen for a very long time is incredible. The sadness of saying goodbye however, especially to those I love with all my heart, kills me.
  • I really, really love my family. They may drive me nuts at times, but they are who they are and I am learning to accept that.
  • You don't have to 'click' with everybody.
  • Saying sorry and moving on is under rated. It's really great to have an old friend back in my life.
  • Realising that some people just can't be 'saved' despite many years of wishful thinking, is a hard pill to swallow.
  • Cape Town on a crisp winters day is undeniably the most beautiful city in the world.
  • I work with the most amazing bunch of people that anyone could ask for.
  • I like my life and the best part of all is that Parri makes it complete.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never say never ... I detested curry my whole life, swore never to like it and guess what? Yip, as of a few months ago, I like it =)

Cluckhoff said...

@Justbcoz I hear you. Always said that about mushrooms, but I'm coming around. I don't mind korma's, but hot curry ain't for me. Mt sensitive mouth just can't handle the heat!