Friday, September 05, 2008

Crash, boom, bang

Wow, what a week. When you kick it off by standing on a rocky outcrop at the tip of a peninsula filming 7 to 8 meter swells, you know it's going to be rough and humbling all at the same time.

Brain dump:
  1. We confirmed the Fochini Group as a client. The campaign will focus on 16 Days of Activism.
  2. Had a drink with someone who blew my mind and subsequently scared me shitless.
  3. Confirmed come kick-ass judges for the RTD Red Bull RADAR competition and secured the recently rebranded kulula air as the flight sponsor and the ever awesome Daddy Long Legs as the accommodation sponsor. Whoever wins is going to have a rockstar week for sure.
  4. Pushed the limits on the RTD blog competition. Waiting to see what happens.
  5. Attended Vinny Lingham's Synthasite function and spoke to some of the biggest investors in SA. Now I'm tasked with identifying ten companies I believe are worth investing in. Scary...
  6. Had to face some really big HR issues this week. This is all very new to me and I'm just grateful it's all panning out.
  7. Had some very surreal Skype conversations.
  8. Had an incredible meeting with m.24.com. It looks like getclosure! is finally going mobile.
  9. Realised how grateful I am that I form part of such incredible communities.
  10. Realised that not everyone and everything is what they seem to be and that ego is a dangerous 5 headed beast.
And finally: I'm really, really glad it's Friday today.

*STOMP STOMP STOMP*

No comments: